Friday, February 10, 2012

'I Vowed Never to Attend the Grammy Awards Again' - Femi Kuti

Nigerian Afrobeat star, Femi Kuti, who has been nominated in the World Music category, will not be attending the Grammy Awards scheduled for Sunday in Los Angeles.

According to his 49-year-old singer and band lead dancer, Yeni Kuti, the Afrobeat star does not see any reason to attend because of his earlier experience.

In her words, "his argument is that he cannot travel all the way to Los Angeles and come back empty handed” Those who know the singer are not entirely surprised at his decision to shun the 54th edition of the Grammy Awards since he shunned Last year's too.

 
Femi, who is taking a third shot at the coveted awards, has been twice unlucky in 2003 and 2010. His first outing at the awards in 2003 left a bitter taste in his mouth.

In his words “When I arrived at the red carpet, nobody came for me, my record company didn’t come, I felt stupid and so I knew I could not win.

I sacked my manager, a French man, and they sacked me too.

Since then I vowed never to attend the Grammy Awards again.

No comments:

Post a Comment