Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kris Humphries Inglorious Nets Comeback


Kris Humphries received a harsh welcome back to the court with the New Jersey Nets as he was booed and jeered by a 20,000-strong crowd.

The 26-year-old estranged husband of Kim Kardashian suffered a double blow after his team lost 88-82 against New York Knicks in a pre-season game at Madison Square Garden.

The power forward was back in New Jersey on Wednesday after re-signing with the Nets, a one-year deal worth a reported $8 million US.


"I'm excited to be back," said Humphries, who was working out in Minneapolis while trying to secure a new contract. "It's good to see the guys again. Although it's a one-year deal, I'm happy and motivated. I think if you ask any player, they all would want a max contract with the longest terms. But I'm happy with the deal and glad to be back."


Asked what was different now than when he was last with the Nets in April, Humphries said: 'Well, there is a lot less paparazzi here.


'I definitely had a lot going on. It was a learning experience. I hadn’t been through anything like that before. 


'Life just happens. As long as you’re focused and pay attention to life, everything is easier. I learned that I put my faith in God, my family and basketball. I feel now like I’m home again.'

No comments:

Post a Comment