Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Do You Think Gabrielle Union Would Have Played The Role Of Olivia Pope In Scandal Better Than Kerry Washington?

Wondering why I'm asking? Well I just found out actress, Gabrielle Union was close to landing the role of Olivia Pope in the hit series, Scandal” but lost it to Kerry Washington who by the way in my opinion is nailing that character big time.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Union revealed that she lost the lead role on ABC's Scandal to Kerry Washington but got her own show “Being Mary Jane” which according to her is better than Scandal;
"I said to myself, Oh my God, these roles are out there. It showed me that you don't have to settle. Luckily, the success of her and the show bred more work. Just from the audition process, I knew that I couldn't go backward. 
I didn't get Scandal, but I got something better which is my own show, it's all about building a legacy. This new opportunity is something I feel that can grow."
Eerrm, I don't know if anyone can play that role better than Washington and well till I see that her new series, Scandal is still on the top for me. What do you think?

Meanwhile, see the preview of “Being Mary Jane” after cut and in case you haven't seen Scandal, all I can say is you have to see it... 

3 comments:

  1. Very tricky, both of them are good actresses but Kerry is really playing that role well meeen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry Washington all the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are unique and great, still think Kerry is the better actress for this role... Besides scandal is more intense than that union's series. completely different.

    ReplyDelete