Monday, August 8, 2011

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES ENDS IN 2012

Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, confirmed during the weekend that the long-running series will end next year making the Eight series of the hit show the last.
 
According to Cherry,  "I wanted to go out when the network still saw us as a viable show and a force to contend with," he told press. "We felt from a creative standpoint that this was the right time. I feel so good about it."


He also revealed that the show's cast were all 'in shock' when he broke the news.

"It was bittersweet and lovely, because the women knew there was the possibility of the show ending, they said some very lovely things to me about how I've changed their lives and careers. I truly, truly love every one of them" says Cherry.


Spilling the beans on what is pitched for the final season, Cherry revealed that "the mystery of what's going on harkens back to the first season." He went on gushing, "Something I'm very excited about is we're going back to the roots of Mary Alice. That was one of the things that feels right."

"I have an idea for the last episode in which I want to pay homage to everyone who's been there before and been on the show," Cherry added, teasing that Nicollette Sheridan's character, Edie, may return. 

Promo for 'Desperate Housewives' Final Season 



No comments:

Post a Comment