Monday, May 7, 2012

Late Rashidi Yekini's Ex-Wife Blames the Media for his Death



A former wife of Rashidi Yekini, Adeola says the Late Super Eagles star would have lived longer if the media had left him in peace.


The Osogbo-based mother of Yekini’s second daughter, Mariam says the media poked into his personal life all the time and abused his modesty. 


"Since his death, I have had so many calls but what do they expect me to say about a dead former husband. I played my part in his rehabilitation but I was practically alone in the fight. Each time I read something negative about him, I would rush to Ibadan but I was meeting a brick wall and it was disappointing and painful" she says.


Adeola added “We were married with a daughter but we stayed away from each other after the divorce. Despite the separation, I visited him regularly each time I came to Ibadan before his death. We had arguments but it was because of the way he was living...

I disapproved his decision to live alone in such a big house although I was not trying to come back. He was such a gentle man but people who surrounded him were his enemies. They must have noticed changes in his life but they kept quiet. He was so generous and kind but they paid him back in a poor way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment