Forbes Africa partnered with Channel O Africa to create the Top 10 Most Bankable Urban Artists list and it officially aired yesterday Sunday September 1 in East and West Africa at 9pm.
The list was based on the artists brand value, music sales, performance price tags, social media influence, music awards won and performances during 2012 weightings of either 15-25%. Check out the top 10 list below...
1. – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
2. Producer. CEO Mavin Records, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credits
3. Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concerts, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly private jets…
4. . G.O.O.D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal
5. . EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaborations, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
6. – 10million CDs and at least 7million digital sales, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philantropist – 2face foundation
7. - Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Perfume line, clothing label, multimillion dollar tour bus, Sony artiste
8. – . Youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana ambassador
9. – Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
10. – Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winner