Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kanye West Opens Up About Kim K, Becoming A Father And Not Re-appearing On Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Not public property: Kanye, who hosted a listening party for his new album, Yeezus, on Monday said that the couple's baby belonged to them and not to America
Kanye West granted his first interview in a long time to The New York Times writer, Jon Caramanica who visited the 36-year-old superstar in Malibu.

In the in-depth interview, which took place over the course of three days, West opened up about his music, personal life including his girlfriend Kim Kardashian, their soon-to-be daughter and controversial moments in his career.

Read highlights from the candid interview below,
On Kim Kardashian: “I’m the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I’m the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me.”

On why he does not appear on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians”: “You know, the amount of backlash I got from it is when I decided to not be on the show anymore. And it’s not that I have an issue with the show; I just have an issue with the amount of backlash that I get. Because I just see like, an amazing person that I’m in love with that I want to help.”


On becoming a father: “One of the things was just to be protective, that I would do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother. As simple as that. … I just don’t want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn’t America’s baby.”

On his fashions from five-to-seven years ago: “Yeah, kill self. That’s all I have to say. Kill self.”

On his place in pop culture: “I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”

For the full interview, visit NYTimes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment