Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Miss Universe 2011 pageant crowns Miss Angola, Leila Lopes

 
 Leila Lopes, 25 years old  Angola’s first winner, beat out 88 other competitors to win the Miss Universe title that took place in Sao Paulo Brazil on Sept 12 and replaces last year’s winner, Ximena Navarrete of Mexico. 

“Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn’t change a thing,” Lopes said when asked her interview question. “I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principals from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life.”  



The first runner-up was 23-year-old Olesia Stefanko of Ukraine and the second runner-up was Priscila Machado of Brazil. The third was Miss Philippines and the fourth Miss China.  

Leila is the fourth African to be crowned Miss Universe in the pageant's 59-year history. Miss South Africa (1978), Miss Namibia (1992), Bostwana (1999) and now Miss Angola (2011).








No comments:

Post a Comment