Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Usain Bolt Plans To Retire After 2016 Olympics

Usain Bolt one of most accomplished athletes in sprinting history is planning to retire from the sport after the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

When revealing his plans, Bolt said: 'I think if I am in great shape, I'll go there and do what I have to do. I think it will be a good time to retire, on topIf I want to be among the greats of (Muhammad) Ali and Pele and all these guys I have to continue dominating until I retire'.

Bolt hopes to win gold in Rio, set another 200 metres world record next year, and take a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. And to top it all off, he will celebrate the final day of his sporting career also turning 30. The 2016 Olympic Games in Rio are scheduled to run until August 21, the sprinter's birthday.

Bolt is one of the most decorated athletes in recent Olympic history, claiming six gold medals between the Beijing and London games. The sprinter swept the 100-meter, 200-meter and 4x100-meter relay in both of those appearances, repeating that feat in the 2009 and 2013 IAAF World Championships.
His three golds in Moscow last month made him the most decorated sprinter in world championship history, bringing his total to eight gold medals and two silvers. The Jamaican is also the current record holder in the 100-meter, 200-meter and 100-meter relay races.

No comments:

Post a Comment