Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Snoop Dogg Explains why he Changes Name to "SNOOP LION"

Its official! Snoop Dogg whose real name is Calvin Broadus, Jr., has not only changed his name to "Snoop Lion" but also believes he's Bob Marley reincarnated and is embracing reggae instead of the culture of guns he once rapped about.

The 40-year-old artist said at a news conference on Monday in New York that he was 'born again' during a visit to Jamaica in February, and is ready to make music that his 'kids and grandparents can listen to.'

"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion, I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

The former gangster rapper is releasing a reggae album called Reincarnated in the fall. 

Nice one Snoop Lion, but don't know when am going to get used to this new name tho!

Listen to the first single called La La La after cut....

No comments:

Post a Comment