Monday, August 22, 2011

Mikel Obi's father found, six suspects arrested


The kidnapped father of Chelsea and Nigeria footballer John Mikel Obi has been found alive after a police raid in Kano on Monday.

According to the Kano state police commissioner, Ibrahim Idris, “Obi was rescued and six suspects were arrested, five men and a woman, No ransom was paid.

Describing the August 12 kidnap, Obi says a van in military colour overtook him and blocked his way as he was driving home from work, he said. Two men in military uniform jumped out and asked him to follow them.

“They forcefully pushed me into the van and when I asked them where we were going to, they said I should wait and see,” he said.

“They wound up the window so nobody could hear me even if I had screamed, they beat me to pulp and only stopped when I became very weak.”

He said they sought a ransom of 10 million naira ($64,000/45,000 euros) and eventually drove him to Kano, hundreds of kilometres away from Jos.


Source: Vanguard 

No comments:

Post a Comment